Stay Ahead of the Game: New CAQM Directives on Genset Usage
Fuelflip Energy wants to bring it to your attention the latest orders issued by the Commission for Air Quality Management (CAQM) on 2nd June 2023 regarding the usage of gensets in Delhi NCR, effective from 1st October 2023. These new regulations present an opportunity for you to make a significant change in your energy consumption and contribute to a cleaner environment.
Here are the key highlights of the new orders:
1. Gas Gensets: There are no restrictions on gas gensets, allowing them to run freely throughout the year.
2. Gensets up to 25 KVA: No restrictions except during the GRAP period (October 2023 to January 2024) when they are not allowed to operate.
3. Gensets above 25 KVA up to 3000 KVA: These gensets must be converted to dual fuel systems.
4. Gensets (25 KVA to 156 KVA): These gensets can operate throughout the year after installing a DUAL FUEL SYSTEM. However, during the GRAP period (October 2023 to January 2024), they are allowed to run for a maximum of 2 hours per day. Retrofit Emission Control Devices (RECD) are NOT mandatory for these gensets.
5. Gensets (156 KVA to less than 1000 KVA): These gensets require mandatory installation of DUAL FUEL SYSTEM and RECD to operate during the GRAP period (October 2023 to January 2024). Without RECD, they can run for a period outside the GRAP i.e., 9 months.
6. Gensets above 1000 KVA: These gensets should run on DUAL FUEL ONLY. They can operate throughout the year for any number of hours except during the GRAP period (October 2023 to January 2024), when they are allowed to run for a maximum of 2 hours per day.
Fuelflip Energy, your trusted energy solutions provider, offers dual fuel systems and Retrofit Emission Control Devices to help you comply with the new regulations while reducing your environmental impact. We are here to assist you with any clarifications or information you may need. Contact us to take a step towards being statutorily compliant with your means of energy generation.